Fw: Gearbox Oil Additive

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Gearbox Oil Additive
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 18:53:22 -0400
RedLine makes a product called MTL (Manual Transmission Lube) and it is
pretty good. It might help the second gear shift problem but not near as
much as a new baulking ring on that hub!

Kent
1960 Bugeye

Subject: Re: Gearbox Oil Additive

> Well,  The gear box is not really too noisy, (about average for a 90K mile
box) It is second gear that seems to kind of crunch when up shifting or down
shifting.  When I rescued the car from a DA PO, I drained and refilled the
engine, gearbox, and rear end.  The gearbox only had about a pint of oil
drain out.  I used 10W50 GTX to fill the box and will drain it in few miles
and replenish.  I thought maybe Teflon additive may help.  Would Teflon
additive lube all of the parts, or couse any problems ?  BTW, engine oil was
good, rear end was low with a clogged vent.