Re: [midgetsprite] Re: Magnetic sump plugs

To: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [midgetsprite] Re: Magnetic sump plugs
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 10:41:33 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 06/06/2002 11:06:34 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
wolfbj@prodigy.net writes:

> The use of the magnetic oil drain plug.  A piece that is removed every oil
> change, inspected, cleaned and put back in.

Unless, Brent, you drive a BMW.  The dealer here, as standard operating
procedure, throws away the oil plug, and the gasket, and sells you new ones
with every oil change.  It's been several years since I've been there, but I
bet the changes arn't $19.95 like the ones I get at Jiffylube.

Robert Houston

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..." Last words of General John
Sedgwick at the battle of Spotsylvania Courthouse, US Civil War.