Re: [midgetsprite] Re: Magnetic sump plugs

To: <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [midgetsprite] Re: Magnetic sump plugs
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 08:04:03 +0100
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Well, as the originator of all this, I think Brent has it exactly!
Back to the starting point ... use the combination of filter to do the
filtering and magnetic sump plug to collect the metal debris - and
also to act as a tell-tale for inspection. The system works fine, and
has worked on these engines for the last 50 years.  I guess one could
fit an extra drain  at the front end of the sump for a second magnet
but it really is not worth it.

Guy