Electronic Dizzy

To: <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Electronic Dizzy
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 01:26:54 +0100
Has anyone used the electronic dizzy as fitted to later A+ engines
(1275 metro) as a replacement for the normal 1275 contact breaker type
(Sprite '71)
Is it a direct replacement?

When I check timing with a strobe timing light my white marks appear
as a fuzzy broad band which jumps about. I think this probably means
that it is firing at a variable advance on each cylinder - worn dizzy
bearings?  I have an electronic unit off a metro and wondered if it is
a straight replacement. Shaft end looks somehow different but havn't
taken the old dizzy out to check yet.
Guy