Re: Clutch tips/advice

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch tips/advice
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 11:49:25 -0600
I'm not sure if you have to remove the whole engine for this, I've yet to
take on this task in a spridget, but my boyfriend and I pulled the clutch in
his B last night by dropping  (not literally of course) the tranny out of
the bottom and it took probably an hour.  My best advice is to have a helper
to get you tools which you'll inevitably leave far away, to organize the
hardware so you don't kick it and send it flying, and mark which side of the
clutch goes where before you take on the task.  It'll make your life easier
when you're greasy and upside down.

Good luck, it's not that bad, so you shouldn't need too much moral support.
If I can do it, you can too!

Patricia