Re: Clutch tips/advice

To: DLancer7676@cs.com
Subject: Re: Clutch tips/advice
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 18:25:07 -0500
Cc: rglenn@netdoor.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
DLancer7676@cs.com wrote:

> For the clutch job, you need some sort of locater for the clutch plate as you
> re-install it--the kind made for the job is the best, but I once used a
> funnel and it worked just fine.

I did mine this weekend and I snugged the pressure plate bolts a bit and looked
around the pressure plate, you can eyeball the distance on where the disc is
sitting and center it that way as well. The motor mount trick is to remove the
two
bolts that hold the motor mount to the hat part on steering column side of the
car. on the other side remove the three bolts that hold the hat to the frame.
Much
easier to put it back that way.