Re: Eek!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Eek!
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 12:45:21 EDT
In a message dated 6/20/02 9:10:20 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
GreenBugeye@aol.com writes:

<< Seems a shame that such fine woodworking skills would be used on such a
 project.  Kinda like Monet painting a trailer park.

No you guys are missing the whole point of why the project was done. Just for
the love of woodworking. I do a fair amount of rough and finish carpentry.
When I frame stud walls I use a miter saw. I like perfectly square cuts. Not
that it matters or that anyone will see it after the wall is covered. I just
like them. Ok Frank I know you can do a whole load of studs with a circular
saw and framing square. But I am still faster than most guys, but no not a
production carpenter.
As a kid I loved builidng balsa wood and tissue model airplanes. Once done I
couldn't care less if they crashed. Just another excuse to build one.
Think of all the fun at guy had kerfing the plywood and bending it.

David Oliner
59,60 Bugeyes
67 TR4A