Non Spridget help... injectors

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Non Spridget help... injectors
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 13:11:49 -0700
A recent development with my 87 Volvo Turbo if anyone can offer some insight...

When the car is first started (even when the car is warmed up, but left to
sit even 5 minutes), the engine sputteres like its firing on only two or
three cylinders (like a badly tuned Sprite). After 20 seconds or so it runs
normally. I pulled the plugs (Bosch Platinums) and the all look normal
correct light tan color. I cleaned replaced them, but it made no
difference. I don't know if there is any connection, but when the engine is
completely cold, I noticed there is a spurt of coolant on the Turbo housing
which I think my be from where the housing bolts to the exhaust manifold. I
recently had some overheating problems which I tracked to a bad thermostat.
I just did an oil change and the oil looks fine, so I don't think it's a
head gasket. My guess is maybe a fouled injector (??)

Any suggestions?

Gerard