Re: Mirrors & PA No Pass Zones

To: Ajhsys@aol.com
Subject: Re: Mirrors & PA No Pass Zones
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 14:29:01 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: type79@ix.netcom.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
You know, Allen-

I wonder whether this is this state's
reaction to people "overdriving" the safer,
better stopping, better handling stock
vehicles of today, in terms of "replaced"
older (faster) speed limits with respect to
the old 85% speed formula used to set average, reasonable limits.

We've got stop signs and lights going up virtually everywhere in this
town and it's
countryish suburbs on a day by day basis.
because people are just plain driving modern vehicles faster. Where
before they might have been doing 45, they are
doing 60, posted limit notwithstanding.

"Pulling out" into even light traffic, especially just beyond a bend in
the
road is becoming a "life or death"
decision around here, really, even
if the guy pulling out has got his
foot in it!!

The results of speeding within this context
(T-boned) are just unbelievable. I am talking pulling out onto a road
posted at
35 with a guy coming around the bend
doing 60 or better (and having no handling
problems doing so, either, his modern
vehicle having absolutley no problem
negotiating that bend at 60 at all) leaving
him no time to "react" in time (even with
his modern vehicle's "better" anti-lock
braking system) to the guy who "looked
first" and pulled out, accelerating "normally" (as opposed to "granny
style!).

Cap'n. Bob
    '60 :{)