Re: Mirrors & PA No Pass Zones

To: "Spridgets-Autox.team" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Mirrors & PA No Pass Zones
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 13:47:29 -0400
Hmmmm... so you can't pass on double-yellows? Come to VT. The only places
you aren't allowed to pass is on corners, at intersections, the tops of
hills, or where "No Passing Zone" is posted (I might have missed one or two
there, but you get the idea). The ubiquitous unbroken yellow line is merely
to make the job of the paint truck crew easier. Even though the average
turnover is only about 3 months the airborne assets of the job creates a
brain cramp on any decision harder than "what color are we doin' today?" (no
offence to any line-painters on the list ;-)

And speaking of speed limits, what's with PA's pessimism of the cornering
abilities of its motorists? The yellow "suggested" (at least in VT the
yellow ones are suggested, not enforced) signs depicting a 90 degree bend
and marked at 30 MPH are usually navigated by granny-skippered Buicks at 60
with nary a ruffled grey hair.

<dnw>

'72 Midget
'98 Safari