Re: Getting gassed

To: "Spridgets-Autox.team" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Getting gassed
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 07:28:23 -0400
I think this is the right track. The "tail-pipe" on my oil-burner is the
outlet of the muffler that actually stops just barely past the inside edge
of the rear pan. One of the largest influences on my deciding to rebuild was
the obnoxiously persistent oils smoke wafting by ny nose.

Unless you have a very long tailpipe - probably somewhere in the range of a
foot or more - you are always going to get some amount of exhaust coming
past your face. The reason being that the air coming at the back of your
head is the air that went underneath the car. So no matter how short it is,
it will always be in "the stream".

<dnw>

'72 Midget
'98 Safari