Re: summer bummer

To: Geoff Branch <gjbranch@attbi.com>
Subject: Re: summer bummer
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 13:15:37 -0400
Cc: Spidgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Geoff Branch wrote:

> What head gasket to use?  Are the copper ones any better?

The only head gaskets I have ever blown were the copper/asbestos type.
Never a problem with the paper type.

> While the head is off, I'll take it to the shop.  Should unleaded > seats be
>put in ?

This is pretty much a waste of money. 19 years on a rebuilt engine and
still no head problems. I did not have any valve seats replaced back
then.

> How does one tell if rings are oversized?

clean off the piston tops, they will be marked 0.10, 0.20. 0.30 etc.

> Would reversing the lines going to the heater have done this?

Nope.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ