Re: riot inciting statement (no LBC)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: riot inciting statement (no LBC)
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 18:59:24 EDT
When I took my then 16 year old daughter for her driving test, it was in the
Bronx under the elevated Subway. Remember the French Connection?
She was sassy like only a sixteen year old girl can be.
There is a pillar about every ten feet. She was a terrible driver, and gave
her two chances at passing,  slim and none.
Anyway, I am standing by the curb watching her start. It there is a light
rain. The guy from DMV says to her, before you start driving, turn on the
windshield wipers.
She says I don't know how to and I don't plan to drive much in the rain
anyway.
Guy writes something down, turns on the wipers for her and off they go. She
is driving at top speed for her, about 5 mph. The get to the parking part of
the test and some guy tries to take the spot from the back.
She honks. No help the guy honks back with one of those musical horns. She
gets out of the car and tells the guy in Spanish, that she is taking her test
and if he will  just let her pass it, he can have the spot.
She parks and passes the test.

Couldn't drive worth spit, but she had the right attitude.

David Oliner
59,60 Bugeyes
67 TR4A