Re: carb problems.

To: Gerard <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Subject: Re: carb problems.
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2002 16:14:24 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, spridgets-mod@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Gerard wrote:

> I have a bizarre situation that so far I am anable to remedy.

Gerard

You mentioned the butterflys, do they have those poppet valves still?
Those were real headache givers. Either find a set of old pre pollution
throttle plates or snip off the poppet valves and springs and solder up
the holes where they were. file the solder smooth and try it.

If you do not have those poppets, try 15-18 flats down. You are at 2
full turns down, I usually start a 2.5. (15 flats)
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ