Re[4]: Free Bass Ale (NOW: BENNIES)

To: SDOliner@aol.com
Subject: Re[4]: Free Bass Ale (NOW: BENNIES)
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 00:27:22 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Hello SDOliner,

Sac> What is next a treatise on the N word?

Sac> Never liked the any of the ethnic jokes.
Sac> Guess I like this one the least.
Sac> You guys know your cars, but we never know who might be on the list, do we?

I never meant it as an ethnic slur.  I had heard of "shoobies" but
never knew the root of the term.  As for "bennies" had only heard of
the explanation about the train line, not the other two.  In any case
it is an interesting explanation of the terms, which are used up and
down the Jersey shore.  Whatever is the root, most people use the term
"bennie" to refer to the tourist who go to the Jersey shore.  Even
though I am less then 20 miles from the shore I am considered a
bennie.

--
Best regards,
 Bill                            mailto:w.gilroy@verizon.net

"The liver is evil, it must be punished"
77 Midget
02 Irish Terrier