Re: M'aidez

To: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Subject: Re: M'aidez
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 19:54:35 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
"Peter C." wrote:

> Listers.... I come to you with hat in hand..... I need some measurements.
>         GFT SPRT dropped its exhaust last night and wants to participate in a
>car
> show/parade Saturday. It's roaring and eructations would be inappropriate,
> if not downright illegal in our small community. (probably scare the s*#t
> out of the pheasants, in whose honor we are supposedly parading, too)
>         I need to know the dimensions of the exhaust hanger support bracket
>that
> bolts to the transmission and then connects to the strap that goes to the
> clamp.

Peter

Take a piece of 3/4 copper pipe, smash it flat with a hammer, drill 3
holes in it. One for the exhaust pipe, 2 where it bolts to the tranny.
You might have to make a bit of a notch in the flat pipe to clear the
bottom of the bell housing.
Cheap, stuff from around the house, and it won't rust.
I think that has been on PIECES for 7 years now.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ