Re: M'aidez

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: M'aidez
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 12:29:35 -0500
Problem solved. Thanks to those that responded. I was able to find a rear
engine plate here at the shop, from which I could measure and properly
drill a piece of shelving upright (angle iron with holes) to fit the 2
bottom trans to rear engine plate bolts. With that bolted in place on the
car, and with a jack under the exhaust pipe firmly locating the pipe to
manifold flange, I could bolt the hanger up tightly enough that there would
be no reliance whatsoever on the clamp to support the pipe. It works very
well, and quietly, enabling me to enjoy a long trip through the day and
night on Sunday.
         The cause of the problem? Apparently 1 bolt had fallen out between
the trans and plate, allowing the former bracket to flex enough to fall apart.
         All this not in time to chase the pheasants, though. Oh well. I
didn't do well in Cow Chip Bingo, either. (details on request)
         Thanks
         Peter C
====