Re: Oil Pressure / Bearings

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: Oil Pressure / Bearings
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2002 22:22:22 -0400
Cc: Red Midget <redmidget72@yahoo.com>, Miget sprit group at Yahoo <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>, spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Frank Clarici wrote:

>No. But do drain the oil and let it sit with the plug out overnight.
>I recently replaced rod bearings on a sprite by just dropping the pan
>and the biggest hassle was the oil dripping on my face.
>Right Kevin?

Absolutely!!

Frank changed  two and I changed  two........... We let it drain for
about 15 minutes and there was plenty of oil left to foul up a couple of
pairs of safty glasses.

If you drain the oil just before you crawl under to change the bearings
at least wear saftey glasses and take a roll of paper towels under with you.

Also, take the plugs out and take it out of gear so you can turn the
crankshaft while you are under the car.

Kevin V.