Update on Lost 1500 Head

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: Update on Lost 1500 Head
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 14:54:59 EDT
Thanks for the listers who have indicated an interest in my problem with
FedEx (FedUp).  If you recall my post, I purchased a completely rebuilt head
on Ebay and it was shipped by the seller via FedEx.  The package he checked
in weighed in at 38 lb.  When FedEx delivered the package, it had shrunk to
about 6-8 lb. and contained 5 pair of young boy's black pants in graduated
sizes.  FedEx had torn off the label of the package and had replaced my label
onto the wrong package.   Here is an update on what is taking place:

They have not found the head yet--they claim they are looking for it. The
driver who delivered the pants stopped by to pick them up today. I
photocopied the label and had him sign a receipt for the box, listing the
contents on the receipt. He claimed FedEx would get me a head, but I doubt
they will go over whatever the package was insured for. I am starting a
process to deny the charge to my credit card. The credit card company seems
to be supportive, since I never received the goods I charged the card for.
Anyway, I will either get my money back, a replacement head, or the one I
ordered in the first place, which is what I want anyway.

--David C.