Car problem Non LBC

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Car problem Non LBC
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 07:01:11 -0700
I got to replace the alternator (luckily I had a brand new 130A one
ready to install) on the F150 last night as the old one took a c**p.

I got it all put back together with no problem except now the serpentine
belt appears to be loose. The belt is within the "acceptable" range on
the tensioner but it still squeals. If I manually put more tension on
the belt it stops. I used the same pulley on the alternator. My question
is do these tensioners lose their spring tension after 90+k miles?

LBC content: At least I got to drive the Sprite in to work!! What a
great morning wake up, almost better than caffeine.

Herby

64 MKII Sprite (Herbytoy - patiently waiting)

62 MKII Sprite (the "resto-mod" driver)

billh@aaai.com

www.herbytoys.com <http://www.herbytoys.com/>