Re: Car problem Non LBC

To: Bill Hunt <Billh@aaai.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Car problem Non LBC
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 22:02:13 -0700
The reason it started slipping after changing the alternator, is that the
old alternator wasn't putting any load on the belt (that's why you installed
a new alternator in the first place).  The new alternator is trying to
recharge the depleted battery, so its internal regulator kicks in, tells it
to put out maximum charge, and the belt just slips around its pulley instead
of turning it.  Had the old alternator been working, the belt would have
slipped then too.  Make sure all pulleys are spotlessly clean, then install
a new belt.  The tensioned is probably fine.
David Riker
63 Falcon
70 Torino
74 Midget