Re: No Brake nor Gas Pedal

To: Pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net, redmidget72@yahoo.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: No Brake nor Gas Pedal
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 17:40:19 EDT
In a message dated 9/26/02 5:33:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net writes:

> Is this new car anything like the hiik up to the brain waves,  What was that
> movie, anyway?

I'm pretty sure the Maybach still has a traditional gas pedal operating the
electronic "drive by wire" throttle -- there's just no throttle cable.  And
I'd guess that the electronically controlled brakes are still controlled by a
foot pedal, too.  I'd also guess that the brake pedal is hooked to the brake
hydraulic system in some way as a backup.  A broken gas pedal is usually no
trouble, but a broken brake pedal, especially in a monstrously heavy,
monstrously expensive Benz limo, is a serious lawsuit waiting to happen.

Chris Eck
59 Bugeye