Re: Wire wheels x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wire wheels x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 21:37:59 EDT
In a message dated 10/12/02 11:34:53 AM, jburruso@earthlink.net writes:

<< I've asked the list before and I've gotten two distinctly different

end from a wire wheel spridget since the wire wheel shafts are shorter
and will cause big problems. >>

Why will I never learn to send these to Spridgets and not the originator?

When we did this in 1969, the alternative didn't occur to us, and you seldom
saw a set of wire wheels on the rear end of a Sprite.  We figured out the
first option for ourselves then and drove the car fairly hard for something
like 20 years total since (over 50,000 miles).  The quarter ellipticals were
in good shape when we did ground up in 1996, so we cleaned them up and kept
them.  Only Mark I Midgets had this configuration, which will make them
somewhat difficult to come by.

Although I haven't any personal experience with the bolt-on type, I would
suspect misfit of the tires in the rear wheelwell and a difference in
tracking.  But I should stress that the option never really presented itself
to us.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"
2000 Miata SE Mahogany "The Miata"
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo "The Heep"
1991 Lazy Daze (Ford) "The Motorhome"