Re: Wire wheels x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: HealeyRic2@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wire wheels x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 08:54:01 -0700
I think I just learned something here.  Where do you get a Welch Plug?
Never heard of one before, but when I assembled a NOS axle and NOS hub for
my car last week, I didn't use one.  Never dawned on me that axle fluid
would leak.  How do you install a new one?
Having just pressed the new axle and hub together, this idea for making a
longer wire wheel axle had occurred to me.  There is alot of axle pressed
into the hub, and pressing it out by 5/8" would do the trick.
David Riker
63 Falcon
70 Torino
74 Midget