Too fast, too soon

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Too fast, too soon
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 12:24:44 -0700 (PDT)
I've been rebuilding a parts car midget with a 1275 engine. I've been driving
it around cautiously so far but it sounded so good yesterday that I decided to
try a speed run. Popped the clutch and nothing happened. Drive shaft still
spins in all 4 gears as far as the rear axle, but the wheels don't turn!!!! Do
I need to drop the whole rear end or can I disconnect the drive shaft and
dismantle the rear in place. I've got a repair manual on the way.

Someone with a unknown MGB offered me his hulk for parts. Can I use the rear
end ??

Thanks in advance, Jack