Re: Too fast, too soon

To: jack skeffington <skeffiewa@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Too fast, too soon
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 18:20:16 -0400
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
jack skeffington wrote:

> Do I need to drop the whole rear end or can I disconnect the drive > shaft
>and dismantle the rear in place.

Jack

You snapped an axle.
If you get lucky and the axle snapped clean, you can pull it right out
from the hub. there will be the "other end" somewhere, I usually snap
them inside the diff. If you are even luckier, you might be able to
retrieve the "other end" with a good magnet on a stick. Or you will have
to drop the drive shaft, pull the diff off the casing, and retrieve that
broken end.
2 hour job when you do it away from home at an auto cross course with
basic tools in the boot. Much quicker at home in the garage with a real
jack and tools.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ