Re: serial #'s

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: serial #'s
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 07:42:31 -0700
You have a good idea but no one records that number and not only do very few
people know it exists, but it can be hard to read and hard to find.

You say this number would be "hard to change" but on the Sprite and Sprite Mk
II all one has to do is either grind it away or sandblast it.

None of the numbers on the cars bear any relationship to each other except for
the fact that they are usually within 500-1000 numbers of each other.

I would be more worried about buying a car from a non-title state than buying
a stolen car. Buying a car from a non-title state leaves the buyer at the
mercy of the seller who can simply claim the car was stolen, etc. etc.
Unlikely to happen, but then again, I have my doubts whether or not someone
would go to the trouble to steal a Sprite.