RE: hard top

To: <BCAH@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net> teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id g9PE7SPD018412
Subject: RE: hard top
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 07:05:57 -0700
If it's the factory hardtop you can get original style seals and header
latches from Bill Bolton at:
Bolt-On Healeys
Bill Bolton
Oregon
(541) 895-5576
(541) 895-4091 fax
Tricarb@aol.com

I have heard that the JC Whitney route works well too. Now if they only
had the back glass I'd be set :~) Feel lucky you have the back glass,
it's a hard thing to source.

Herby
64 MKII Sprite (Herbytoy - patiently waiting)
62 MKII Sprite (the "resto-mod" driver)
billh@aaai.com
www.herbytoys.com

I just purchased a hard top for a Bugeye which, considering its age,
does not
look half bad. The shell shows no damage and the back glass is fine but
the
rubber is shot. Was there originally any kind of insulation inside or
was it
just an empty shell? Any sources for new seals/hardware? I have no
experience
with fiberglass,----any do's or don't's to keep in mind when
refinishing?
Bob C in KS