Re: Headlights

To: lindalnhvt@nhvt.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Headlights
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 10:08:21 EDT
In a message dated 10/24/02 6:42:03 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
lindalnhvt@nhvt.net writes:

> Related but not problem 2 yet...  where does the horn mount and why doesn't
> it work when I connect the two purple wires?
> This is my first Sprite and I love the car.  I've missed the chance to
> drive it a bit before winter, since we had 5" of snow already and it's 25
> degrees, but I'd love to have it ready for a warm day sometime. TIA
>

> Contemporary Homes
> Sunapee, NH

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

My Dear Mr. Homes,

Now is the time to buy a Bentley manual for your car.  In the back you will
find the best wiring diagrams available.  (They are much easier to read than
the ones in the Haynes manuals, and usually more accurate.)

Make some photocopies of the diagram for your car, and enlarge them to 11" X
17".  Make 10 copies of it.  Now you can actually read them.  When you are
working on a  particular circiut, use a hiliter to...er...highlight just the
lines you need to follow.  You can even use the proper colors to match some
of the wires.  (Except black, of course!)

I have found that this is an easy way to track wiring problems.

Allen Hefner
Phila. Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget
'75 MG Midget (The Project)
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport (awaiting a new ECU!)