Re: Headlights

To: "Dick Byrne" <lindalnhvt@nhvt.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Headlights
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 23:08:20 -0400
From "Dick Byrne" <lindalnhvt at nhvt.net>
To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2002 9:49 PM
Subject: Headlights

> Listers,
> I've been working on a 66 Sprite with my son since bringing it home in
> August. I have developed two problems that I'm having trouble
> with.  I'll  be happy to solve one at a time.
> I am using the original wiring harness.  I got the fuel gauge working, but
> now it stopped.

Everyone seemed to answer the rest of the questions, and I just happen to
have had a similar problem with the fuel gauge tonight, so I thought I would
input a little here.  IT'S THE GROUND. LOL.  Seriously though, take a look
at the ground.

I installed my fuel tank after having sealed it.  Gauge didn't work.  It
worked before, what's up???, So, drain the tank, remove the tank, remove the
sending unit, plug it in, ground it, gauge works. Re-install the sending
unit, connect a temporary ground from tank to frame, no gauge.  In sealing
the tank, I had also gotten the sealer around the lip that the sending unit
sits in, so it could not ground.  Cleaned off the sealer on the lip, sending
unit grounded to the tank, tank to frame, Gauge works fine.

Brent
76 Midget (with sealed fuel tank and gauge that works)