Re: Revolution wheels

To: "Jay Shaffer" <shaf@zenten.com>
Subject: Re: Revolution wheels
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 10:12:45 -0600
Cc: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
From "Jay Shaffer" <shaf at zenten.com>
> Although I'm debating whether or not to go to the racecar
> standard 5/8" wheel studs. With 5/8" studs I would probably go with
Diamond
> racing wheels at $67 a piece.

Jay,
If you were to go to the FAQ section on that website whose URL you so
blithely posted,
you would find that the third question says:
Question:  Wheel Studs - What if I have 7/16" or 1/2" studs on my hubs?  I
see that your wheels are drilled for 5/8" wheel studs.  Do I have to replace
my studs with 5/8" studs to use your wheels?
Answer:  No, you do not have to use 5/8" studs with our wheels, although
they are recommended.  Smaller 7/16", 12mm, and 1/2" studs are OK for use
with racing wheels, but you must use racing lug nuts. This situation is
quite normal in the lower level divisions.  The racing lug nuts with the
bigger 1" hex size provide a larger seating area and allow the wheel to
center and be used with 5/8" lug hole wheels.

Sounds to me as if you should go to the 7/16" studs and buy the Diamond rims
and lug nuts if you are looking for a street application.

David Lieb

RWAs 4ever