Re: Garage Heating

To: HealeyRic2@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Garage Heating
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 15:16:02 EST
In a message dated 11/20/02 10:30:28 AM Pacific Standard Time,
HealeyRic2@aol.com writes:

> is it's unheated. Size is 24' x 30' uninsulated stick construction.  Problem
>
> is the garage has a peaked roof that gives me a 25' ceiling.  I'd prefer
> not
> to do a lot of garage remodeling or adding a dropped ceiling.  Any chance
> one
> of those BF kerosene heaters might provide enough heat to work during a New
>
> England winter?  Any other suggestions?

- - - - - - - - - - -

You mean a torpedo heater like they use at construction sites?  Yes it will
heat your garage, but you will not like the noise.  They will give you a
headache.

If you have natural gas or propane available, do a web search for "'garage
heater' gas" and see what comes up.  There are some ceiling mounted heaters
that run on natural gas or propane, some with blowers and some without.  They
start at around $300, which you would pay for a good kero heater.

If you are near the woods, you might just get a cast iron wood stove.
There's prolly a lot of used ones up your way.

Last suggestion, put a piece of carpet under the car.  It's much nicer to lie
on carpet in the winter.

Allen Hefner
Phila. Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget  (#51 FSP)