Re: Garage Heating

To: "David Carpenter" <d.carpenter7@verizon.net>, <HealeyRic2@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Garage Heating
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 01:16:55 -0500
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I just picked up a little 30,000 btu propane 'torpedo'
and use it to heat my 25'x25' garage. I leave the double
wide garage door open about 3-4" at the bottom and the
heater sits in the middle between my cars. I fire it up
and open the door about 15-20 minutes before I go
out to work.  The heater will raise the room temp
about 30 degrees in an hour.  When I can get it above 60 degrees
I shut the door and turn it off.  Yes.. insulated walls and
drywall ceiling, but no insulation in the ceiling.
The heat will stick around for about 3-4 hours before I fire it back up
again
1 hour on...three hours off keeps it right around 65 degrees when its
25-30 degrees outside.

Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com