Re: Aarm fulcrum pins

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Aarm fulcrum pins
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 07:41:06 -0700
on 12/11/02 2:41 PM, Frank Clarici at spritenut@exit109.com wrote:

> Larry Pitts wrote:
>>
>> A silly question if I could. I'm going to install new
>> A-arms and new suspension on my bugeye project.
>
> Larry
>
> The pins go in one way. Opposite each other. The welded ends are on the
> inside, the nutted ends are outboard.
> You stick a bushing on the inner end of the A arm, slide the pin in, put
> the other bushing on thru the larger outboard hole then the washer and
> nut.
> One nut faces forward, one nut faces backwards.

Maybe mine is wrong but I have both bolts (pins) facing the same direction.
Nuts in front on the left side and nuts in back on the right side. With the
big washers in contact with the bushings that go in the larger holes.
The Manual is not very clear on this, I would love a definitive answer.
--
Jay Shaffer