Re: NO LBC! Christmas time Fruit Cake: Enjoy

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Bree Anna" <breeanna1012000@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: NO LBC! Christmas time Fruit Cake: Enjoy
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 10:35:54 -0600
> If you follow this recipe, the cake will taste
> JUST FINE no matter what you add/dont add..:)
> ENJOY!!!!
> Bree!

Certainly splains a lot about the fruitcakes I have sampled in the past!
I was in a bookstore the other day, ostensibly looking for gifts to purchase
for others (in reality I was padding my own wish list, but don't snitch on
me). I noticed that the two perpetrators of the "Worst-Case Scenario" book
had issued a holiday version with entries on how to put out a turkey fire,
how to serve burnt turkey, how to avoid turkey explosions, etc. One chapter
was entitled "Re-Purposing Fruitcake". Says it all.
David Lieb
Fruitcake-free
(is still too expensive)