Re: Camera Mount (NO LBC)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Camera Mount (NO LBC)
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 12:58:39 EST
From "Larry & Sandi Miller" <millerls at ado13.com> wrote:

<<<Subject: Camera Mount (NO LBC)

Anyone know where I can get a video camera mount for a rollbar?

Larry Miller
http://www.ado13.com>>>

Most any decent camera specialty store can get equipment of this type from
Bogen. I used a Bogen Super Clamp (Cat #2915) and a double ball head (Cat
#2916QR) last summer at Bonneville on the 2.0 liter Spider that is now the
fastest 4-cylinder Alfa Romeo on record. But I found that what was a rock
solid mounting (plus I gaffer taped the releases) on the roll bar while in
the pits and passed muster and numerous tugs from the SCTA officials - was a
little deficient at 200mph. We rigged it on a run and got a great piece of
tape that showed the front of the car at the start line. You could see the
starter wave the OK to run, then there's some great footage as the car picks
up speed, you hear the honk from the pusher truck that he's hit 40 and is
pulling off, then the wind noise just starts howling. You can see the salt r
ushing under the car and the mile markers fly by. Then the camera started
getting sloooowly pushed back and pans to the sky. When we reached the car
with the pusher truck, I found the camera pointed straight up. But the
footage looked great with a pan to the heavens that I couldn't have planned
and pulled off in a million years. Shouldn't have this kind of problem at
normal Spridget race speeds. Let me know if you have trouble locating them.

Kim Tonry
Downers Grove, Illinois, USA