Re: Speakers

To: Guy Weller <guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Speakers
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 20:14:33 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Guy Weller wrote:
> I want to add a couple more speakers to my '71 Sprite.

Guy

I installed a pair of 4" speakers in the front wing (fender)/footwell
areas. If I had a 5 or 6" metal hole saw, I would have used larger
speakers. They held up rather well for a couple years then I sold the
Sprite. I do imagine some water got to them being embeded in the fender
but they did last.
Behind the B post might be tough, there is the top frame and door
stricker captive net plates, the rear wire loom also goes thru the right
side so be carefull when cutting. You would have to be up high and
that's where all those plates are. Of course I never tried it but if it
works, let us know.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ