Re: what am i doing wrong?

To: AHtopia@aol.com, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: what am i doing wrong?
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 21:39:37 -0800
Hi Doug,

A typical polarity reversal is unbelievably simple.  Reverse the battery, swap
the coil wires, and start up the engine.  The IGN light should behave normally,
but if it stays on bright when the engine is started and sped up, shut it off
and
take a hot wire from the battery and brush it lightly against the F terminal of
the regulator.  This will polarize the the regulator.  Now start up the engine,
IGN light should now go out.

It's also good practice to replace the condensor soon as they tend to fail soon
after the polarity is changed.

If you had any accessories that were positive ground, they need to be removed.

Paul A