what am i doing wrong?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: what am i doing wrong?
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 23:48:21 EST
since my wife won't see this message, i will risk asking the question  ;o)

i attempted to reverse the polarity of my '60 sprite from positive to
negative ground, reversing distributor wires, terminal leads, touching a bare
part of the unbelted generator with a hot lead, etc. etc., and all i got was
a car that ran for awhile but ended up completely draining my battery and
refusing to run after first turning over, until i rerouted all wires (back to
positive ground configuration) and recharged my battery...what am i doing
wrong, and is there a foolproof way of doing this?

thanks in advance for your advice...

doug k
'not-so-ready-kilowatt'