Re: was AMCO now judges

To: Brad Fornal <toyman@digitex.net>
Subject: Re: was AMCO now judges
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2003 18:46:29 -0500
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Speichinger, Leo" <60bugeye@ev1.net>
Brad Fornal wrote:

> just whatever "the judges" deem necessary for their
 > friends to score gold.

When Biff's car was judged for the first time, I was upset to hear the
judges knocked off points for his original Dunlop Goldseal tires.
Like I said, I was really POed, I can just imagine how Biff felt.
If the concours book states "as it came from the factory" it should mean
just that. No mirrors and plastic on the seats.
If it says "as it came from the dealer" then Amco accessories should add
points.
But since 40 year old tires are deemed "unsafe"  even if they do hold
air and can be driven on, and a modern 155/80s are acceptable,
I aggree with Brad.
But not ALL judges are like that. I do know that George MariNOS is a
true friend of ANYBODY in the concours field. And George's car has some
accessories ;) Right Biff?

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ