Re: The no-turn-signal signal (no LBC, and lengthy)

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The no-turn-signal signal (no LBC, and lengthy)
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 15:23:13 -0800
Peter,

They're just from southern California.  There the turn signal is frowned
upon because it does what it is supposed to do, that is, signal others of
you intentions.  In S.Cal that gives the 'other guy' advance warning to cut
you off before you can make the move.   At best, you signal one or two
blinks AFTER you make your move just to show that they work and to let the
other guy know that you knew he was there waiting to cut you off.

Once I moved to N. Cal I was shocked at the slow-witted pansies driving up
here.  I have since learned that they are just being polite, generous and
thoughtful.  Took a long time for a native southern Californian to figure it
out.

GB