looking for dog contacts (no LBC)

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: looking for dog contacts (no LBC)
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 12:53:58 -0800
If any lister has access to numbers of pit bulls (pound, animal shelter,
breeders, neighbors, whatever) please contact me off list.  Our lab is
trying to get pit bull DNA samples from all over the country to establish a
database to compute probabilities in dog bite cases.  Local pounds and
shelters cannot cooperate due to a clause that animals in their care may not
be used for ANY sort of experimentation no matter how benign or trivial.
Sampling will involve swabbing the dog's gums with a small brush. (gee, that
sounds like fun doesn't it?)  Of course samples can also be scraped off
bumpers, clubs, boot tips, whatever.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Glen Byrns