SpriteSpree dash/tees

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: SpriteSpree dash/tees
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 09:55:19 -0500
        Dashplaques are a real nice addition to any Meet.  Especially one
that happens once each 5 years.  As with tie-tack pins, I have a
collection of dash plaques from all the places I have been.  While such a
simple item the collection has become awesome.  Wouldn't it be great to
have a collection of all five dashplaques from each Sprite gathering?
... SpriteFest 1988, SpriteRush 1993, SpriteBash 1998,
Sprite Spree 2003 & 50th Anniversary 2008.  Better still, what if you
could say that you were at most or all of these Meets.  What a testimate
to the love of these little cars.  Soooooooo guys & ladies make
suggestions as to what you want to see on these SS03 plaques so Frank's
dad can make them for us.
        BTY my tie-tack pin display is on a huge lamp shade.  The shade
is attached above a sweet smooth-cased transmission.  The transmission is
mounted vertically on a wooden base.  The whole thing revolves so you can
observe all the pins.  The gear shift lever allows you to brighten, dim
or shut off the light.
        At the past Meets we made up tees.  What I have found is that
most people do not want a huge car but something subtle.  We do not want
to get stuck with a lot of dated Meet-specific shirts after the Meet.  In
1998 we had a few made up with the Meet and date and the rest made up
generic for the Sprite.  It worked well.  Those who wanted a specific
shirt, and came early, got one.  Those that waited till the end got a
generic shirt, but still similar to the Meet shirt.  It made selling the
extra-small shirts left over easier.  This Meet we will make a limited
amount of shirts so that all of them will be sold.  Give us your input as
to what you want to see and we will produce it for you all.
        The best selling shirts were the golf shirts.  We will have some
of them but due to their cost we will take orders ahead of the Meet, AND
only have a few for sale at the Regalia Store.  Let me know if you are
interesed.  I will send you a cost and what choices will be available.

Keep smiling,
Rick

        The tie-tack pins have been displayed on a