Re: No LBC-jack/GPS/Radar detector

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: No LBC-jack/GPS/Radar detector
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 15:24:35 -0600
Jacques

About the GPS;  Any GPS unit with a standard NEMA data string will work with
a PC running Street Atlas or Microsoft Streets for maping.  There are a ton
of other shareware and freeware packages out there that interface to a GPS
to show just the Lat/Long, Speed, Distance, Course, Bearing, etc.  I run the
SA program, it works good but doesn't have door to door routing.  I have
Garmin GPS's, Street Pilot, GPS III, and a GPS31 which looks like a computer
mouse with a serial plug on the end. Most of them will work inside a vehicle
if on the dash or rear shelf, external magnet mount antennas work good on
SUV's and Vans.   I run one in my Healey when we take longer trips, I think
it might help AAA find me if I know where I am.

Mark
Nashville