Re: No LBC-jack/GPS/Radar detector

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: No LBC-jack/GPS/Radar detector
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 14:19:22 -0800
Hello spridgets,

                generally acknowldeged as the BEST  radar detector is
                the VALENTINE ONE. spendy but the best. there's a
                websight somewhere that has a comparo test, i think.

                on the subject of that 3rd brake light people seem to
                be adding, i only wonder WHY? .. ...the statistics
                cited by Joan Claybrook and the IHSS before the
                manufacturers were FORCED to add them were that it
                would save 2500 to 3200 accidents per year. when the
                results came in it was closer to 600. yet we have been
                FORCED to have them in all new cars. .....

                reminds me
                too of one of my pet peeves, AIR BAGS. they were to
                have been "passive restraint" systems wherein the
                people who were too stupid and lazy to fasten their
                seatbelts would be protected despite themselves. now
                we are forced not only to carry the toxic sodium azide
                that powers them in our cars but ALSO to fasten our
                seat belts ANYWAY. and the statistics show that for
                every 10 adults saved by the air bags, 1 child is
                killed that would not have been otherwise BY THE
                AIRBAG! if they had said, we want to install this
                safety device in all cars at a cost of $500 that will
                kill kids at the rate of 10% for every adult life
                saved, would the people have ever allowed it to
                happen?

--
Best regards,
 Bill                          mailto:pythias@pacifier.com