RE: Questions About Shipping My Spridget

To: "Loud Sprite" <loudsprite@attbi.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Questions About Shipping My Spridget
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 20:01:00 -0600
I've got more than a little recent experience with this sort of thing...
having done 4400 miles a week and a half ago...

Boston to San Jose...

3135.8 miles...

Driving 10 hours a day... 4 days, 9 hours, 11 minutes

10 mpg city, 20 hwy will cost you $316 in fuel...

total driving time of 49 hours, 11 minutes

What's your time worth?

I was able to combine my trip from IL to San Diego and back with work...
made sales calls in St Louis, Tulsa, Dallas, and Phoenix, then popped into
San Diego, and truned around and headed home 3 days straight. My diesel gets
18 mpg at 75 mph even thru the mountains pulling a small tariler. If you're
driving something gas powerem your fuel costs will be higher. My company
reimbursed me for the business portion of the trip at .33 a mile, so I made
$ on that.

Unless you have a show car, and or a a reason to want to see the country
(Nebraska goes on forever... the route I took that paralleled old Rt. 66 was
breathtaking(, I'd opt for the open carrier at $800.

WST