RE: Weber woes

To: PilotRob@webtv.net
Subject: RE: Weber woes
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 09:36:54 -0500
Cc: nosimport@mailbag.com, jimdinalameda@hotmail.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Actually Bob, the pump isn't right next to the carbs. The carbs on a 1500
are on the RHS of the engine and the fuel pump is on the lower LHS to the
rear of the engine.
Either way, the mech. pumps tend to vary in pressure. I'm using an NOS fuel
pump for the 1500 engine but there are some aftermarket pumps that were made
and they have varying pressures. Either way. a pressure regulator is a good
idea unless you want to use a modern electric fuel pump with adjustable
pressure(expensive).

Being a member of the "We Tight Club" (from the 1st PA Rally). I opted for
the regulator. This is may change in the future but works fine for now.

Dan Dwelley
(207) 941-5855
Dan.Dwelley@ps.ge.com

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful
servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten
the gift."
- Albert Einstein.