footwell floor replacement help

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: footwell floor replacement help
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 01:30:54 -0400
I need some advice on the front footwell area. I cut out the old floor (what
was left) and made new panels from 20 ga steel. I welded these in tonite, but I
clearly should have used thicker sheet metal. THe problem is that the center
area will "depress or flex" however you define it, a bit. This is
disappointing, I spent forever cutting these!

1 Cut out the "new" floor, get thicker steel re-do with 16 ga.
2 Cut out new floor fire up VIsa, get the full floor panels and just cut off
the footwell part
3 Leave the new panels, skim coat the whole footwell floor with west systems
epoxy to stiffen
4 Forget about it put floor mat down

I dont know what to do here. Obviously I should have just made them thicker to
start, (argh hindsight). I am leaning towards the "epoxy over it" idea, as I
think this would also make waterproof?

Help! -Josh