Re: Compressor question

To: Chris King <cbking@alum.rpi.edu>
Subject: Re: Compressor question
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 09:38:19 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Chris:

I have a 30 year old Sears 1hp compressor with a 12 gallon tank.  It will still
build from 0 to 110 psi in two to three minutes.  Can't say that I ever timed
it because it's never been an issue.  There should be some sort of CFM rating
on your unit from which you could estimate how long it should take
to compress the air in your tank to 90.  It sounds to me, though, that you have
a leak, either past the piston rings in the pump or somewhere in a feed line.
A leak in the line will make everything take longer.  I've had that happen.  20
minutes is an unreasonable long time.