Forwarded: Untimely demises Need for Rollbar

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Forwarded: Untimely demises Need for Rollbar
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 01:02:50 -0600
For some reason this was sent to me rather than spridgets@autox.team.net.
If your internet access is web-capable, check out

  http://www.team.net/posting.html

mjb.
----

     Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 12:04:22 -0700 (PDT)
     From: James Gruber <thistle_3619@yahoo.com>
     Subject: Untimely demises Need for Rollbar

A friend here in Dayton had his Midget suffer an untimely demise this
week. Great restored Midget with built 1380 plus 5 speed. Setup for
autocrossing. Very quick and sharp car. Owner was out showing off car
to a potential new buyer when someone ran a red light and t-boned him
just in back of drivers door. Roll Bar on the car stopped the car from
entering the passenger compartment and fortunately provide
reinforcement in exactly the proper area. Life squad needed "jaws" to
extract Fred from the car and other than being quite sore he's
ok. Midget on the other hand is absolutely totaled. Roll Bars on these
LBC's aren't just for looks. They can save your life. Don't mess
around with "just for looks" roll bars. If you're going to install one
get the real thing. If I get the chance I'll bring over camera and get
some pics of the carnage. I'm curious myself as to the potential risks
I'm placing myself in as I enjoy zooming around in Bugsy.

Jim Gruber
Bugsy '68 Sprite (future Bugeye in disguise)
Dayton, OH